You are here
AmCham EU speaks for American companies committed to Europe on trade, investment and competitiveness issues. It aims to ensure a growth-orientated business and investment climate in Europe. AmCham EU facilitates the resolution of transatlantic issues that impact business and plays a role in creating better understanding of EU and US positions on business matters. Aggregate US investment in Europe totalled more than €3 trillion in 2019, directly supports more than 4.8 million jobs in Europe, and generates billions of euros annually in income, trade and research and development.
The Policy Adviser is responsible for the day-to-day management of AmCham EU committees, which bring together business professionals from our member companies. He/she is focused on trade and transatlantic matters and broader international policies, acts as a focal point for all related strategy and advocacy activities. Reports directly to the Policy Director and works in close coordination with the CEO.
- Develop close relationships with key EU and US officials and stakeholders;
- Oversee the production and dissemination of policy papers and other advocacy materials;
- Work collaboratively with Content, Communications and Operations teams;
- Organise activities including meetings, conferences, seminars and visits;
- Research and disseminate information on focus areas for the membership; and
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on policy matters.
- Excellent understanding of trade and transatlantic relations;
- Work experience and proven interest in European and international affairs;
- Strategic foresight and highly developed networking skills;
- University degree in European affairs, trade, politics, foreign affairs and/or international relations;
- Excellent writing and interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
- Work well in a dynamic team;
- Strong organisational and administrative skills;
- Computer literacy (particularly Word and CRM);
- Ideal candidate will have a minimum of 2 years of professional experience.
Fluent English (both written and spoken); another EU language an advantage.
Start date: April 2021 (exact timing tbc).
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to email@example.com with POLICY ADVISER in subject.
Deadline for applications: Monday, 8 March 2021 COB
- Research, develop and organise new business development/membership leads;
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting relationships with members;
- Plan, executive and follow-up on meetings with potential members;
- Conduct market research to identify membership opportunities;
- Ensure quality and accuracy of members’ database;
- Responsible for (annual update of) membership directory;
- Plan, collaborate on and produce member communication and events;
- Manages membership budget – forecast/track/set and meet targets;
- Create and lead on other revenue-making projects including sponsorship development.
- Excellent in membership service and communications skills;
- Ability to create strong networks and to liaise with senior stakeholders;
- Strong organisational and research skills and able to meet deadlines;
- Superior presentation and sales skills;
- Broad knowledge of EU policy and understanding of impact on membership;
- Outstanding customer service;
- Ideal candidate should have +2 years of experience.
Fluent English essential; a second European language is an advantage
Start date: April 2021 (ideally)
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with MEMBER RELATIONS VACANCY in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 12 March 2021 COB
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, AmCham EU will contact only successful candidates.