You are here
Executive assistant to CEO
Job description: The ‘Executive assistant to CEO’ supports and advises the head of the organisation focusing on policy, advocacy, public relations and particularly on the outward-facing role of the CEO in representing the organisation and its members.
• Oversees, advises upon and manages the calendar of the CEO; organises activities including meetings and visits; manages information flows with members.
• Point person for all of the CEO’s activities both inside and outside the organisation, and any external enquiries relating to the CEO;
• Writes and prepares a wide range of materials including minutes, speeches, presentation and briefings, articles, correspondence and supports CEO’s social media platforms;
• Develops and coordinates strategic outreach strategy for the CEO, Chair and Board;
• Coordination of Board activities including: scheduling meetings; arranging guest speakers; preparing agendas; decisions & actions; board summaries; correspondence with Board members; elections;
• Proactively establishes contact and communicates with EU institution officials, business executives and a range of high-level stakeholders;
• Advises and informs the CEO on EU policy issues and current affairs;
• Builds and maintains own network of relationships with business executives and EU officials;
• Strong organisational skills with an excellent attention to detail and adherence to deadlines;
• Ability to work well at all levels within a small and dynamic international team;
• Diplomatic and discreet, proactive, innovative, independent and flexible with working hours in order to support events and briefings;
• Preferably good EU policy knowledge and current affairs;
• High-level of computer, event, admin and communications skills, verbal and written;
• 2-4 years working experience.
Fluent spoken English; native equivalent written English; spoken/written French preferred.
Start date: as soon as possible
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with Exec assistant to CEO in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday 7 December 2018 (COB).
Events and Marketing Coordinator
AmCham EU is seeking a motivated self-starter to be responsible for planning and organising events, delegation visits, and outreach activities. Reporting to the Senior Events and Marketing Coordinator, the position requires a team player with exceptional organisational skills, flexibility and the ability to work under pressure.
• Works across teams and with members to coordinate plans related to events and outreach activities
• Conducts research and follow-up on venues, transport, audio-visual equipment, and other suppliers as needed
• Supports all activities related to events management (including set-up)
• Assists with communications related to events and outreach activities
• Assists with budget – follow up and fundraising
• Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
• Proactive and ability to work on and prioritise multiple projects simultaneously
• Project management, problem-solving skills and stress resilient
• Strong communication, teamwork and negotiation skills
• Schedule flexibility in supporting events (e.g. breakfasts, evening receptions)
• Excellent IT skills / Knowledge of Efficy and Groupmail is a plus
Languages: Fluent English and French. Dutch is a plus
Start date: December 2018 (preferably)
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to email@example.com with EVENTS & MARKETING COORDINATOR in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday, 7 December 2018
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, AmCham EU will contact only successful candidates.