You are here
The Digital Economy Committee looks at the benefits of the new economy in the form of competitiveness, growth, creation of jobs, innovation and modern democracy. The information society is a central factor influencing modern development and is a major employer in the EU, giving Europe significant social, cultural and economic opportunities. The committee monitors a variety of industry sectors, ranging from the traditional telecoms and ICT companies, to a cross-section of companies and sectors spread across the global economy.
- Engage with privacy and cybersecurity files, including cybersecurity certification and the European Cybersecurity Certification Scheme for Cloud Services.
- Drive EU policies on data strategy and cloud, with a focus on the Data Act.
- Encourage the development of emerging technologies, including artificial intelligence, chips and the metaverse.
- Facilitate international digital cooperation through platforms like the Trade and Technology Council.
- Strive for sustainable and inclusive digital recovery and resilience.
- Service and content providers
- Retail & consumer goods
- Financial services
- Equipment manufacturing
- Network operators