You are here
The American Chamber of Commerce to the European Union (AmCham EU) speaks for American companies committed to Europe on trade, investment and competitiveness issues. It aims to ensure a growth-orientated business and investment climate in Europe.
AmCham EU is seeking a motivated self-starter, with an interest in EU policy and transatlantic relations, to manage and produce internal/external communications to members and stakeholders. The position requires outstanding writing, editing and overall digital media skills as well as the ability to work on multiple projects and priorities, and work well with different teams. The Communications Specialist is responsible for strategy, planning and implementation to ensure relevant and timely information is driven to key audiences through a variety of channels (both online and print).
- Written communications – writes and/or edits internal and external communications, including articles, correspondence and corporate materials
- Digital communications – manages, produces and/or writes the content of the daily and weekly internal and external communications tools
- Campaigns – creates, coordinates and/or implements communications plans/campaigns for advocacy purposes
- Social media – manages, produces and/or writes for social media accounts such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn; monitors and analyses traffic and conducts trainings for staff and members as needed
- Website – manages, produces and writes for website and ensures public and member sites are relevant/targeted and updated in real time
- Projects – manages projects, such as the annual report
- Audio-visual – leads on the production of video content, including new innovative products to respond to market trends, and coordinates photography needs
- Proven writing skills adaptable to a variety of audiences with an eye-for-detail
- Team player able to work both independently and collaborate well with colleagues
- Proven digital skills and creative flair
- Knowledge of and interest in EU policy
- Strong organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Experience with content marketing platforms and content management systems
- Knowledge of WordPress and the Adobe Creative Suite a plus
- Ideal candidate will have from two to three years of experience
Languages: Fluent English essential; other languages preferable
Start date: As soon as possible
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to email@example.com with COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Monday 14 December 2020
Please note that due to the large volume of applications we receive, AmCham EU will contact only successful candidates.
AmCham EU is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at AmCham EU are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications and merits, without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, religion or beliefs.