You are here
(Senior) Policy Manager
The Policy Manager is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of AmCham EU’s
various committees, which bring together business professionals from our member companies, for
supervising the work the Policy team and for coordinating the network’s advocacy efforts. The Policy
Manager plays a central role in wider strategic work, supporting the team and the committees as
needed. He/she will focus on Digital portfolios but will act as a focal point for all advocacy activities
and related strategy. He/she will report directly to the Senior Policy Director and works in close
coordination with the rest of the team.
• Develop close relationships with key EU and US officials and stakeholders;
• Provide strategic advice and guidance on policy matters to the Policy Advisors’ team and to
• Oversee the production and dissemination of policy papers and other advocacy materials;
• Work collaboratively with Content, Communications and Operations teams;
• Research and disseminate information on focus areas for the membership;
• HR: coach and supervise members of the team including performance reviews.
• A successful track record of at least 6 years of work experience in European and international
• Proven experience of managing a team;
• Experience of policy development with good analytical skills;
• Strategic foresight and highly developed networking skills;
• Skilled at working collaboratively, bringing together a wide range of partners, and delivering
with and through others;
• Excellent understanding of the Digital policy field;
• Knowledge/experience of at least one of the following policy fields: Environment, Transport,
• Excellent writing and interpersonal skills and diplomacy;
• Strong organisational and administrative skills;
• Computer literacy (particularly Word and CRM).
Languages: Fluent English (both written and spoken); another EU language an advantage
Start date: as soon as possible
To apply: Interested candidates should send a cover letter and CV (maximum two pages) by e-mail to
email@example.com with POLICY MANAGER in the subject line.
Deadline for applications: Friday 29 September 2023, 18.00 CET.
While we appreciate the interest of all candidates, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No
phone calls please.
AmCham EU speaks for American companies committed to Europe on trade, investment and
competitiveness issues. It aims to ensure a growth-orientated business and investment climate in
Europe. AmCham EU facilitates the resolution of transatlantic issues that impact business and plays a
role in creating better understanding of EU and US positions on business matters. Aggregate US
investment in Europe totalled more than €3.4 trillion in 2021, directly supports more than 4.9 million
jobs in Europe, and generates billions of euros annually in income, trade and research and