You are here
Transatlantic Defence Cooperation: Five facts you didn’t know
Europe and the US have a long history of cooperation in the field of defence and security. A culture of strategic partnership and trust has been built in formal contexts such as the North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO). Significant capabilities, coupled with interoperability across Europe and the US are the result of effective transatlantic cooperation.
In spite of this, a number of misconceptions continue to manifest themselves in the defence sphere. That is why we have laid out five facts that highlight the importance of the transatlantic defence technological and industrial cooperation (TADIC) in our latest factsheet.
Did you know?
- That US manufacturers are open to partnerships with industry?
- That European countries are more often than not exempt from US export controls?
- That the US government procurement market is open to European companies, too?
- That European companies can participate in the US foreign military sales programme?
- ThatAmerican defence companies are supportive of the European Defence Fund?
Download our factsheet to learn more about the importance of transatlantic defence cooperation for AmCham EU.