You are here
Transatlantic Week 2020
This year’s Transatlantic Conference theme is ‘The transatlantic relationship: navigating towards a more sustainable future?’. The conference will take the pulse of the EU-US relationship and will explore the role of businesses in building an environmental, political and socially sustainable future.
The Transatlantic Economy Report 2020 will be launched during the event. This annual report presents the most up-to-date facts and figures about the EU-US economic relationship. The study includes dedicated profiles for 30+ European countries and all US states.
Networking Reception to meet with EU stakeholders.
Wednesday, 25 March 2020 (Brussels)
I'm a member:
AmChams in Europe Policy and advocacy best practices sessions.
Wednesday,25 - Friday, 27 March 2020 (Brussels)
By invitation only
8.45-9.00 Welcome remarks
- Maxime Bureau, Chairman, AmCham EU
- Susan Danger, CEO, AmCham EU
9.00-9.30 Keynote remarks – View from the European Commission
- Phil Hogan, European Commissioner for Trade
9.30-9.50 Keynote remarks – View from the EU Presidency
9.50-10.20 Presentation of Transatlantic Economy 2020 Report
- Joseph P. Quinlan, Senior Fellow, Center for Transatlantic Relations, Johns Hopkins University
10.20-10.40 Keynote remarks - View from the business community
- Bert Nappier, President FedEx Express Europe, and CEO TNT
10.40-11.40 Panel – The State of Transatlantic Affairs
- Edita Hrdá, Managing Director, Americas Directorate, European External Action Service
- Selina Jackson, Vice President, Global Government Relations and Public Policy, Procter and Gamble
- Radosław Sikorski, MEP (EPP, PL), Chair of the European Parliament Delegation for Relations with the United States of America
Moderated by Darren McCaffrey, Political Editor, Euronews
11.40-12.10 Coffee break
12.10-13.10 Panel - The EU-UK future relationship
- Marjorie Chorlins, Senior Vice President, European Affairs, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Mairead McGuinness, MEP (EPP, IE), Vice-President of the European Parliament
13.10-14.30 Seated Lunch
Conversation - The Transatlantic relationship and China: Challenges and Opportunities (over lunch)
- Keith Krach, Under Secretary for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment, US Department of State
Moderated by Peter Chase, Senior Fellow, German Marshall Fund
Presentation of the Transatlantic Award 2020 (over lunch)
- Susan Danger, CEO, AmCham EU
Thanks to our sponsors
As part of Transatlantic Week, we will also be presenting the Transatlantic Award 2020. Launched in 2004, the award acknowledges an individual dedicated to the promotion and growth of the transatlantic economy.
The Transatlantic Business Award 2019 was presented to Cecilia Malmström, EU Commissioner for Trade, in recognition of her commitment to strengthening the transatlantic economy throughout her tenure in Brussels. The award recognises an individual who has demonstrated exceptional dedication to the pursuit of a strong and prosperous EU-US relationship.
Transatlantic Award Winner
Cecilia Malmström, EU Commissioner for Trade