You are here
Sustainable Finance Task Force
Following the entering into force of the Sustainable Development Goals and the signing of the Paris Agreement in 2015, the Commission has redoubled its efforts to reorient financial flows towards a low-carbon economy and fill a green investment gap. The publication in March 2018 of the Commission’s Action Plan for a greener and cleaner economy set out ambitious targets and a series of actions to be completed before the end of 2019.
In this context, the Sustainable Finance Task Force takes the lead responsibility to share intelligence, identify priority actions and to direct and coordinate advocacy strategies throughout the course of the Action Plan.
- Taxonomy for sustainable activities
- Label for green financial products
- Fitness check on public corporate reporting
- Clarification of fiduciary duties
- Banks and insurance companies
- Investment firms
- Ratings firms
- Energy companies
- Automotive manufacturers and suppliers
- Consultancies and law firms