You are here
European Parliament Outreach Task Force
The European Parliament Outreach Task Force complements the work of AmCham EU’s committees by shaping advocacy on horizontal issues and facilitating outreach to the European Parliament, strengthening ties between AmCham EU and Members of the European Parliament (MEPs), their national affiliates and national delegations in the European Parliament. The Task Force also aims at developing closer relations with the leadership of the five main political groups in the European Parliament as well as the five main European political parties.
We have published key recommendations for the European Parliament that take into account challenges like navigating Brexit, the rise of populism and the EU's need to demonstrate the ability to take the lead and deliver for European citizens. As the effects of digitalisation and globalisation, which have only been highlighted by the ongoing pandemic, continue to transform our economies, societies around the world are pressured to become more resilient.
The beginning of a new political cycle offers a unique window of opportunity for the European Parliament to improve the well-being of citizens across the Member States. With the recent elections, European citizens have demonstrated strong expectations in areas such as sustainability, the fight against inequalities and employment. The Task Force strives to promote horizontal issues and to provide concrete business insights to help address both the challenges and opportunities facing Europe in liaison with sector-specific committees at AmCham EU.
- Engage with the MEPs of the five main parliamentary groups belonging to relevant European Parliament's Committees
- Engage with the senior leadership of the five main parliamentary groups in the European Parliament
- Build relationship with the Heads of the biggest national delegation in the European Parliament
- Develop relationship with the leadership of the five main European Political Parties and their Think-Thanks
- Track and coordinate outreach to the European Parliament